Here we go again, folks. It’s tough, it’s frustrating, and as I write this I am contemplating how to cope. It’s difficult to be still in our busy world, but that’s what is needed keep those most vulnerable in our community safe.
My sanity plan:
- Pet my cats: Did you know their purrs resonate at a frequency that relieves anxiety in humans? It’s a thing! I read it on the internet, so it must be true.
- Making pretty things: Perhaps I’ll set up our Christmas tree early, and everyday we will make a new ornament for it.
- Learn a new skill: I loved dolls when I was a kid. I’m going to try my hand at making some that are a little dark (something Poe would appreciate).
- Binge watch Netflix: Have you watched “The Queen’s Gambit”? It’s lovely. Speaking of chess, I’m going to play games with my little people, and perhaps school my husband in Scrabble.
- FaceTime my family that I’ve been missing, just to check in.
- Go for walks outside, because I need the exercise.
- Breathe: Exhaling after this especially stressful election is gratifying. I’m so glad it’s over.
- Let my girly-girl daughter paint my toenails Barbie pink, because why not? No one’s going to see them anyway.
- Take hot baths by candle light with relaxing music.
- Bake! It’s magical.
- Read books about far away places and lovable characters: It’s like traveling without having to pack or jet lag.
You should make a plan. Hang it up somewhere you’ll see it.
On days when you need a little more, call us at 810-984-4330, order online for delivery or curbside, or come get a takeaway.
We’ll fix you up with some delicious sustenance, caffeine to help you get motivated, or perhaps a cocktail to drink and stroll with a friend (or take home and enjoy). Our retail area is still open, as well as our neighbors’ shops, and we encourage you to shop locally, either at one of the many Downtown boutiques or in our own pop-up gift shop, which will still be available to you while dining-in is not an option.
Hours of operation starting Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020
Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Deliveries will be limited to Marysville, Port Huron, Kimball and Fort Gratiot, and will have a $20 minimum (If you call instead of ordering online, you can order gift shop items, like coffee and chai mix!)
Order online: https://orderstart.com/ravencafeph
Order chai: https://ravencafeph.com/2020/05/13/do-you-ship-your-chai/
Order gift cards: https://ravencafeph.com/gifts/
Order Raven threads: https://www.redbubble.com/people/ravencafeph/shop?asc=u
Be well neighbors. We hope to see you soon.